2.16 Splash Drone raises 300K by Overfunding
Splash drone was able to raise 300K by effectively contacting the media and overfunding their crowdfunding campaign!
- Alex Rodriguez is a video producer for over 16 years and is also the founder and CEO of Splash Drone.
- Splash Drone is a waterproof drone which allows the use of a GoPro camera that can fly over land or land in water.
- Splash Drone features an emergency flare adapter, altitude stabilization, payload release system, GPS navigation system, a wireless video transmitter, and 17 minutes of actual flight time boasting speeds up to 25 miles per hour.
- Splash Drone ran a Kickstarter campaign and set a pledged campaign goal of $17,500 dollars and exceeded that goal by raising $303,429 dollars.
- Cross promoted the Splash Drone campaign with Bill Piedra‘s Project Ryptide whom also ran a successful Crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.
- Partnered with 99 Designs to create a fantastic logo for their product and campaign.
- Highly recommends fellow Crowdfunding campaign users and backers check out the Shido Stand by Matt Ward.
- 3 weeks prior to starting their campaign Splash Drone started networking and cross promoting with with other writers, bloggers, and other Crowdfunding campaigns which helped them attract a vast media following such as the mentioned outlets Motherboard, Gizmodo, and Mashable.
Q1: What is the best tip or best advice that you can give to any Crowdfunder or inventor listening right now hoping to accomplish their very own Crowdfunding goal?
A: Establish personal relationships with writers and blog writers. If you’re not getting traction with the big ones such as Motherboard, Gizmodo, and Mashable then start with the small ones. Once you have enough people writing about you the bigger ones will take notice.
Q2: What is the one thing that you wish you knew that you know now before you launched your Crowdfunding campaign?
A: How many people are going to contact you asking to partner with you. “Oh I want to partner with you to do this and that”. “We’re going to make it great”. “We’re going to make it big”. “There’s a whole bunch of people asking you and I had no idea that was going to happen”. People want to partner with a drone because they want sell it over here or they basically are wanting to try and get a free drone out of the deal.
Get rid of the headache of fulfilling your orders to your backers with Amplex.com That way you can start planning your next crowdfunding campaign!
Check out our sponsors with over 7 million page views a month and an email list with 72K subscribers. Remember to use the code “ZAC20” for 20% off any of your crowdfunding services.