2.17 Crowdfunding Resource One Spark
How to run a crowdfunding campaign. Crowdfunding Resource One Spark comes on to talk about the worlds largest crowdfunding festival that takes place in Jacksonville Florida.
[ctt title=”Like this episode? Tweet about it!” tweet=”Check out this #Crowdfunding Case Study by @CrowdFundGenius http://ctt.ec/1Uc0d+” coverup=”1Uc0d”]
- Meredith O’Malley Johnson is the Community and Publications Director for One Spark.
- Meredith O’Malley Johnson does outreach for the surrounding southeast east areas and manages a team of over 1,000 volunteers, helps startups, small business, artist, and musicians get their projects launched.
- One Spark festival is located in downtown Jacksonville and hosts over 200,000 attendees over a 3 day event.
- It is free to attend the One Spark festival.
- Attendees looking to attend the festival and host their business need to go on the One Spark website and register your profile.
- One Spark team has live in-person representatives who can provide professional assistance for anyone looking to run or are in the process of running a Crowdfunding campaign.
- There are over 80 venues located throughout the One Spark festival that you can host your business at if chosen by popular votes and jurors.
- Marble Electric Skateboard attended and presented at the One Spark festival and after utilizing the information they learned from the One Spark festival they eventually ran a Kickstarter campaign which raised over $365,966 dollars.
- National and International media outlets attend the One Spark festival which can help provide visibility to your business.
- One Spark also ran a successful Kickstarter campaign and raised over $106,689 dollars.
Q1: What is the one piece of advice that you can give to a Crowdfunder or creator that is in the planning stages of their very own Crowdfunding campaign?
A: To have a successful Crowdfunding campaign you need to start strong and end strong. Just like traditional fund raising you need to have people lined up before you kick off your campaign to get the moment going in the beginning and to bring you home to your goal at the end. So I always tell people to make a list of people that will be there who will support you in the beginning and at the end.
Q2: Is there anything you’d like to throw out there or share with the audience about One Spark?
A: Sure! I think it’s kind of funny how we actually started this off by running a Crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.com that raised over $100,000 dollars to kick off our first festival. We know how challenging Crowdfunding campaigns are and that’s one of the reasons why we created One Spark to make it easier to run a Crowdfunding campaign by doing it a lot in person. I think One Spark is really like nothing else out there right now. It’s really grass roots. The barriers to entry are very low. Anyone with a great idea can leverage the festival to connect with the resources you need to move your project, small business, startup forward. So check out One Spark.com!
Get rid of the headache of fulfilling your orders to your backers with Amplex.com That way you can start planning your next crowdfunding campaign!
Check out our sponsors with over 7 million page views a month and an email list with 72K subscribers. Remember to use the code “ZAC20” for 20% off any of your crowdfunding services.