WHAT IS A LANDING PAGE?
Studies show that 85% of people don’t know what a landing page is.
A landing page is just another page on your website designed for a specific purpose. Usually, that purpose is to grow your email list which is extremely important to a crowdfunding campaign.
In the simplest form, a landing page is a web page that visitors “land” on and are prompted to do something.
- Subscribe to an email list
- Notification of a product launch
- Download a piece of content (ebook)
- Register for an event
- Register for a contest
- Free trial
- Webinar registration
Landing pages are built to grow your list so you can promote your upcoming crowdfunding launch to a warm audience and build a community to grow your business.
HOW LANDING PAGES WORK.
Let’s say you’re running a crowdfunding campaign for a new product. And you don’t have a following, you’ve tried launching on Instagram and using hashtag marketing, all your friends and family have liked your Facebook page. But you still don’t have an email list.
If it were me, I would host a contest on those platforms and pay to promote it through the Facebook advertising platform. I would give away 10 prototypes of my product to my email subscribers. But the catch is you have to sign up for my email list in order to be entered into the contest.
You could send traffic to your homepage in hopes they see the contest on the sidebar and sign up. Or you could send traffic to your newly designed landing page that showcases the product in a way that makes it irresistible. Complete with a countdown timer that creates scarcity so your audience has to sign up or the offer will go away in ten minutes.
On top of that, I would place a Facebook pixel on the page letting me know every time someone signs up. More importantly, that pixel can let me know every time someone doesn’t sign up.
Those that sign up are already on my list and will be notified when I launch. Those that didn’t sign up, will be hit with my Facebook pixel so I can target them with ads at a later time. Perhaps when I launch my campaign. They might not be interested in joining my list but that doesn’t mean they’re not interested in my product. After all, they did click on the ad. That’s why it’s important to have a Facebook pixel on every page of your site.
So my landing page is the ideal web page to send my traffic too. Not just because of the pixel but because it’s hyper-focused on what I want my web page visitor to do. Sign up for my list.
3 REASONS YOU NEED AN EMAIL LIST.
- EASILY GENERATE LEADS: If you could do one thing right when it comes to building your list for a crowdfunding campaign. It’s using landing pages on your website. To man crowdfunding, creators send traffic to their social channels or their homepage (if they have one). That is almost the equivalent of tossing your traffic in the trash. If you really want to toss your traffic in the trash, send them to a page without a pixel. Targeted landing pages convert at a much higher percentage.
- CLEAR MESSAGING: One of the most frequent mistakes when it comes to landing pages is having an unclear offer. If you’re asking for an email address from someone it should be very clear what they will receive in return. Same is true if someone wants to sign up for your upcoming launch or entering your contest. If you want to deliver a clear and concise message, USE A LANDING PAGE.
- REMOVE DISTRACTIONS: As previously stated, a landing page removes the distractions of a homepage. No sidebar elements, no menu at the top, no teasers or other offers to distract your web page visitor from the goal at hand. If you have a blog, news, images, any type of sliders on your homepage that just further distracts your visitor.
Building a landing page should be one of the first steps in planning for a crowdfunding campaign. You can never launch that landing page to early. In fact, the majority of crowdfunding creators start off with a landing page as their homepage as they’re trying to get their business established.
If you need help in building a landing page, I suggest you try out our new landing page services. We are currently offering a free crowdfunding consultation to anyone interested in learning more. Just click the link below to get started!